Opened in 1861, Zion Church occupies a prominent position At the corner of Zion Road and Bushy Park Road, five minutes walk from Rathgar Village (4½ km south from the city centre) and a stone’s throw from the High School.
The Zion community consist of about 240 households and a lively five-teacher primary school. Zion parish is part of the Church of Ireland dioceses of Dublin and Glendalough whose principal church is the 11th century Christ Church Cathedral.
The Church of Ireland is an autonomous Church within the
world-wide Anglican Communion and is that part of the
historic Christian Church in Ireland which came under the
influence of the 16th century Reformation.
The principal weekly service is at 10.30 on Sunday mornings.
The Eucharist – the centre of the worship life of the Christian
Church – is celebrated at this service at least twice a month
and there is a prayer service (Morning Prayer) on other
A well-equipped hall beside the church is used throughout the week by a variety of parish organisations.